Translation Project Manager: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £25000 per annum, DOE
Hours (Monday- Friday): 37.5 hours
Are you experienced in project management, with excellent communication and organisational skills? Would you like to join a highly regarded organisation during a time of growth?
First Edition Translations is one of the UK's longest-running translation agencies. Based in the heart of Cambridge, a hub for both academia and enterprise, we have been providing a first-class service to high profile clients for almost 40 years. First Edition Translations is part of the Cintra Language Services Group, a leading provider in the UK languages market. We are now looking to appoint a new member to our Commercial Translations Team.
- The role of Translation Project Manager will report to our Commercial Translations Manager and the successful candidate will play a key role in helping the business achieve its goals.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained at each stage of a project, from customer request through to completion and invoicing.
- Prepare quotations. Negotiate and agree on pricing, formats and timescales with the customer. Endeavor to meet all customer specifications and formatting requirements within defined profit margins.
- Allocate assignments to suitable linguists according to company guidelines, bearing in mind budgetary considerations and the linguists' qualifications, skills and specialism.
- Source new linguists when required according to selection, assessment and vetting procedures.
- Minimum of 1-year project management experience in the translation industry
- UK based
- SDL Trados Studio experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good Level of IT skills - including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Degree, preferably in language or translation
- Office based in Cambridge, working from home initially
- £25000 starting salary, DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Great working environment
- Free car parking in central Cambridge
- Birthday is not a workday scheme
- Flexible working
- Commision on new clients and business
Note: We offer great flexibility with this role. Successful candidate will only need to attend Cintra’s office in Cambridge once per week.
Please send your CV along with your cover letter highlighting your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions please do not hesitate to contact Tamas on email@example.com.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES